Wednesday, November 5, 2014

World Of Shadows



I stand alone in a world of shadows.  No one but featureless beings moving around me to mock my existence.  Am I the only one here? There has to be someone else somewhere.

The isolation tears at my sanity, begging me to end it.  I would if I had the strength.  

I get a glimpse of light in the distance sometimes, always just out of reach.  I used to chase it, hoping to find it’s source.  Now I realize it’s just my imagination haunting me with hope.

I claw at the walls and earth around me in desperation. I need to find something, anything.  I know the definition of insanity, but I can feel salvation just beyond my reach.

I snap awake to find myself covered in sweat.  I roll over and there she is, my salvation, my hope.  She doesn’t judge me for my weakness, but encourages me to see me strength.  Then she covers me in her walls of comfort.  For awhile I am immune.  But I know the shadows lay  just beyond my eyelids, waiting for me.

After all how can you truly escape what is hidden within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment